Woodbridge High School is proud to announce that enrollment to the 37th Annual Skechers Woodbridge Cross Country Classic is now open. The meet will take place on Friday, September 15th
Woodbridge High School is proud to announce that enrollment to the 37th Annual Skechers Woodbridge Cross Country Classic is now open. The meet will take place on Friday, September 15th (first race at 4:50pm) and Saturday, September 16th, 2017 (first race at 3:50pm). This website has all the information about the meet (registration information, schedule of races, etc.).
The SilverLakes Sports Complex is an excellent venue for this meet as demonstrated by last year’s huge success. The facility allows for the meet to enjoy a visible, safe, and fast course… a typical “Woodbridge” course. A new girls’ individual event record was established and a near-miss boys’ individual event record as two athletes broke the 14 minute barrier.
Red and White divisions will run on Friday. Blue and Gold divisions will run on Saturday. Staging the meet on Friday and Saturday nights gives everyone the unique opportunity to run under the lights and under ideal weather conditions… cool and calm night racing!
Our staff is working very hard to provide an enjoyable experience for you and your athletes. The meet will continue to use chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
We will post an event map as soon as we make minor adjustments to the course used in 2016.
Please check back regularly to this website between now and Fall. For more information on how your participation in our meet can be made most enjoyable, please contact George Varvas at 949.632.4327 or by e-mail.
Thank you for your school’s participation in the Woodbridge Cross Country Classic! See you this year!
George Varvas ( 949.632.4327 )
Woodbridge High School Cross Country
We feel that our meet offers a number of unique opportunities to enjoy the start of the cross country season. This well-organized/festive meet is committed to provide for a positive experience for each of your athletes by:
- Staging the meet under ideal weather conditions and under the lights. The late afternoon cool ocean breeze and evening temperatures will give your athletes a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to experience the excitement of night racing in cross country while also avoiding the very hot September weather.
- Bringing together the top teams and individuals from multiple states for the ultimate in early-season competition. Year after year, this meet consistently draws many of the top ranked teams and individuals in California and the Nation.
- Having a course that is suitable to the conditioning level of all your athletes for this early part of the season. The entire course is flat and fast, mostly on soccer field turf and dirt surfaces.
- Distributing over 4800 individual medals (100 per race) and over 268 team trophies (6 per race).
- Providing chip timing with results being made available as soon as runners cross the finish line.
- Providing on-line and hard-copy accurate computerized results within minutes of the last finisher in each race.
- Having digital clocks for the mile and 2-mile splits.
- Setting-up a festive health and expo fair with information and give-aways for your athletes.
- Providing an easy fund-raiser that will afford your team the opportunity to raise needed funds for your team’s activities/trips. Contact the Rotary Club for information at email@example.com.
15 (Friday) 4:00 pm - 16 (Saturday) 10:00 pm
5555 Hamner Ave, Norco, CA 92860
Woodbridge High Schoolchemco29@aol.com 2 Meadowbrook, Irvine, CA 92604